The Castlemilk Park Volunteer Group meet on the 2nd Thursday each month to carry out practical work in the park!
When, Where & How Much...
||08 February 2018
08 March 2018
||1.30pm - 3.30pm
Castlemilk Park Machrie Road,
Glasgow South Side G45 0AZ
||This is a free event
||Visit the event website here
||Facebook information can be found here
About Castlemilk Park Volunteer Group
This is your opportunity to do some practical work in Castlemilk Park, learn new skills and meet other people. Activities range from woodland management to wildlife surveys or park clean ups. Dress for the weather. All tools and equipment provided.
We have a wide range of tasks taking place in the woods of Castlemilk Park, including:-
• Clean up – A big litter pick to tidy up the park.
• Himalayan Balsam - Help to remove this invasive species by ‘pulling’ out the Balsam, helping the natural flora to return.
• Rhodie Bashing – Use bowsaws and loppers to help remove the invasive Rhododendron, a non-native species from the park.
• Survey work - Help to build up a database of the park’s plants and animals.
• Woodland Management – Help with the cutting back, thinning and general woodland management of the park.
Meet: Outside Castlemilk Stables, 59 Machrie Road, Castlemilk, G45 0AZ
Additional Dates: 08 March 2018
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Castlemilk Park Volunteer Group are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment.