Food, Fuel, Friendship Festive Community Frolic
Join COPEScotland for their Festive Community Frolic offering tips on staying warm, well fed and connected even when money is tight.
About Food, Fuel, Friendship Festive Community Frolic
Sorry, but this event has been and gone!
To provide a fun event aimed at adults and parents with children to offer hints and tips in a fun way around staying warm, well fed and connected even when money is tight by raising awareness and building connections between community members and services and groups who can offer support as well as ideas for action individuals can take for themselves, capturing ideas shared by the community on what else we can do. While the event maybe suitable for children, they would need to be under parental/guardian supervision the event is aimed at adults and does not have childcare provided. The event aims to
• Raise awareness of help with fuel costs and alternative heating also share community designed tips for winter warmth info sheet
• Fun discussion at table on other ideas to keep warm in winter while making draught excluder pompom caterpillars which people can take home (the parts for the caterpillars are being made in advance by 5 local groups so on the day people can assemble one to their taste)
• Film demonstration of healthy appealing meals which can be made at low cost and with items commonly donated to a foodbank and promotion of local cookery classes
• Fun discussion at table on ideas for recipes on the cheap which will be captured and made into a community cookbook
• Discussion at tables on what we can all do locally to help everyone stay warm, well fed and connected to others in a way they find useful this winter
• Stalls of local services which offer support around issues raised in workshops including stalls to stay safe in winter
• Goodie bags to take away including flat pack meals for the first 100 people who come on the day
A hearty free breakfast will also be provided for up to 200 people so come early.
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Food, Fuel, Friendship Festive Community Frolic are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment.
Community Events you might like...
26th February 2019
Langside Parish Church, Glasgow South Side
Langside Community Heritage will hold their first Annual General Meeting at Finn's Place, Langside Parish Church on Tuesday 26th February... all welcome!
7th March 2019
NA, Glasgow West End
Are you considering becoming a foster carer? Now is a great time to get more informed! Join Action for Children for a cuppa and talk fostering at their Open Day on Thursday 7th March!
16th Sep 2019 - 22nd Sep 2019
NA, Various Locations Glasgow
Scotland's annual Doors Open Days festival gives you free access to lots of fascinating buildings across Glasgow! This year's event will be held between the 16th and 22nd September!
Health Events you might like...
23rd February 2019
Broomhill Urban Farm, Glasgow West End
Do microbes really affect the way we think, feel and act? This fascinating 2-hour workshop from Microbial Makeover looks at the relationships between the gut and the brain!
24th February 2019
The Whiteinch Centre, Glasgow West End
Reiki is a system of energy healing, used both for self-healing, and for treating others, join New Earth Therapies & Training at the Whiteinch Centre and learn how to become a Reiki Healer.
25th February 2019
Fantini Pilates, Glasgow South Side
Join Yoga With Lucie for her 5 week Beginners Yoga Course starting on Monday 25th February, the ideal place to start a yoga practice, refresh your practice after a long break, pregnancy or injury!
Find other events in Glasgow
TRNSMT Festival will return to Glasgow Green in 2019 from 12th – 14th July featuring headline sets from Stormzy, Catfish and the Bottlemen and George Ezra!
Strathbungo Window Wanderland on Saturday 23rd February will transform Strathbungo into an outdoor gallery for all to enjoy!
Dippy, the Natural History Museum's iconic Diplodocus cast, is going on a natural history adventure across the UK, and will visit Glasgow between 22nd January - 6th May 2019!
Enjoy the best of Scotland's street food at the Big Feed Street Food Social, Glasgow's indoor, fully licensed street food market!
ACE Aware Scotland are partnering with Justice, Health, Education and the Care Sector to bring a one-day conference on 'Fostering Resilience in a Stressed Culture' to Glasgow.
Advertise With Us
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!
Click here to find out more »