|14th December 2019|
|10am - 3pm|
House for an Art Lover
Bellahouston Park Dumbreck Road, Glasgow South Side G41 5BW
|Visit the event website here|
|Follow studiopavilion on Twitter|
|Facebook information can be found here|
They will learn about the traditional Japanese clothing by handling and looking at an actual kimono. They will also learn all about the meanings behind the beautiful Japanese symbols and patterns that are depicted on kimono.
In the first session, we will begin to make the kimono using very strong Japanese paper and then colour them with Japanese ink.
After a lunch break, we will use stencils depicting traditional Japanese symbols to decorate the surface of kimono and wear them!
Within this workshop, participants will:
• be introduced to Japanese traditional costume, kimono.
• be introduced to how to handle and wear kimono.
• learn about a structure of kimono.
• be introduced to a part of Japanese history.
• learn about meanings of Japanese symbolism.
• be introduced to how to work on simple paper stencils.
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Paper Kimono Making for Young People are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!