Question Session will return with a full music conference programme on February 8th 2020 at The Lighthouse on Mitchell Lane, Glasgow. It is free to attend, with sessions and activities starting at 10am and running until 5pm.
As in previous years, the conference offers a comprehensive, tailored programme of workshops, seminars and panels featuring prominent professionals from all areas of the music industry. Focused on innovation, education and exploring current issues, Question Session 2020 will enable delegates to connect, share knowledge and create new opportunities with established industry practitioners; initiating discussion, and exposing new talent.
The events allow attendees to engage in a range of activities delivered by industry experts. Through discussions, exercises and practical training, participants can raise questions, debate and demonstrate the skills and knowledge they have learned.
Question Session promotes inclusion and has initiated change by ensuring that each conference line-up demonstrates a 50:50 gender balance. It also focus on accessibility, making sure that everyone has a platform for discourse and an opportunity to learn.
This year’s event will feature a plethora of professionals from different areas of the music industries offering advice on how to start or develop your career. There will also be technical and production workshops, as well as community-based music projects offering interactive sessions.
Topics for Question Session 2020 panels and workshops will include the following, with more to be announced soon:
• Initiating change and developing the industry
• Pathways to the music industry
• Understanding the live music industry
• Exploring the Creative Process
• Performing and creating music for a living
• Developing the Hip Hop scene
• Make Money from Doing What You Love - How To Start A Business In Music
• KOR! Records Experimental Music Drop In Session
• Sensatronic Lab: an introduction to multi-sensory instruments
• Building a promotional and marketing campaign
• Ableton 101
• Navigating the music industry
• Everything is Music: Making Music from the Data Universe
The following participants will be in attendance with many prominent names still to be announced:
• Chris Mc Garry (432 Promotions)
• Circle Of Live
• Graeme Massey (808 State)
• Help Musicians UK
• Music Gateway
• The Ivors Academy
• Keith Harris (Motown Records, PPL)
• Music Managers Forum
• Queens Of Noise
• Scottish Music Industry Association
• Sharon Andrews (Shine PR)
Further panels, workshops and participants will be revealed over the coming weeks.
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Question Session are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment. All information (whether in text or photographs) is given in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!