In this first half of the workshop you will build your plates using a selection of materials and work into these to create a range of marks and textures, and then experimenting with colour to make series of dynamic prints in the second session.
Suitable for complete beginners and those with experience wanting to develop their skills.
Structure and Course Content:
– Introduction to Collagraph printing.
– Experimenting with different materials and using mono-printing to explore potential textural combinations.
– Building a selection of Collagraph plates using a variety of materials and tools in both a reductive and additive way.
– Plates can be made to hold fine lines, rougher textures or a combination of the two.
– Varnishing plates.
– Ink mixing and printing.
– Experimenting with colour blends and wiping effects.
– Participants will come away with a series of prints on paper.
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Collagraph Printing Weekender are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment. All information (whether in text or photographs) is given in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact.
During this one day Ceramics Masterclass at Studio Pavilion, Kevin Andrew Morris will introduce participants to the basics of working with porcelain and paper-clay.
Art On the Exchange Outdoor Markets return to Royal Exchange Square with their fabulous pop-up markets full of original pieces of art, jewellery, crafts, and designer products!