Join Aimee Jackson and Francesco Accolla, chefs and founders of Nutcrafter Creamery and Zilch Deli, in learning how to make cultured, raw, artisan vegan cheese! This 2 hours’ workshop introduces basic concepts of vegan cheesemaking, from growing cultures to easy ageing techniques you can do at home!
Participants will learn:
• About lacto-fermentation and culturing (differences, how it works, etc)
• The role of microbes in creating flavour and texture in plant-based cheesemaking
• The difference between cultured and non-cultured plant-based cheeses
• How to start and grow some key plant-based lactic acid cultures safe for use at home
• How to choose a plant based medium for cheese making and what to think about when choosing
• Basic ageing method for at home plant-based cheesemaking
• Review of key equipment, variables affecting cheesemaking, historical context of cheesemaking as a practice
• Participants are advised to bring a notebook.
One aged Nutcrafter Creamery cheese and one cream cheese made during the class are included in the course price and ready to take home. The course concludes with a plant-based cheese tasting of Nutcrafter Creamery’s products along with any of the cheeses we made together during the class.
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Artisan Vegan Cheesemaking by Nutcrafter Creamery are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment. All information (whether in text or photographs) is given in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!