This class will be taught online and you can take part from the comfort of your own home. The RCS campus will re-open in September with a limited capacity for degree students only to ensure a safe learning environment for all.
Like many conservatoires the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland will be using recordings and online interviews as part of their audition process this year.
It is designed and led by experienced audition panel members and aims to equip you with a range of practical activities which will help you prepare your monologues to the best of your ability.
More people than ever are applying to Acting programmes and the audition process is highly competitive. Preparing a monologue goes far beyond learning lines. The panel will expect you to have a thorough understanding of what you are delivering and to have rehearsed your pieces to a high standard. Auditioning is a nerve wracking experience, but being prepared can stand you in good stead on the big day.
By the end of the weekend you should have:
- an understanding of the new RCS audition process
- used practical exercises to explore your chosen monologues (Shakespeare and Contemporary)
- undertaken research activities which increase your understanding of the dramatic texts your monologues come from
- covered the fundamental principles of character development
- received advice on filming your monologues for audition purposes
- developed a plan to continue preparing your monologues beyond the life of the course
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Acting: Audition Preparation (Online Course) are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment. All information (whether in text or photographs) is given in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact.
This short course is for anyone applying to the BA Performance in BSL and English degree programme at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
Have you always wanted to know more about how GCHT's grants scheme works? Do you have a project in mind but are not sure if it would be eligible? Then this surgeries series is for you!