|25th September 2021|
|11am - 3.30pm|
|This is a free event|
|Event organiser/part of Doors Open Days|
|Visit the event website here|
|Follow glasgow_canal on Twitter|
|Facebook information can be found here|
Saturday 18th September – 11am – 3.30pm
A whole host of interesting venues are throwing open their doors for you, as part of Doors Open Days, to have a look inside, participate in workshops, and learn more about the Glasgow Canal area through led walks and cycle rides.
This exciting programme of events includes:
• Guided Cycle Rides led by Free Wheel North at 11am, 12noon and 1pm (45 mins)
• A Guided walking tour of the new Hamiltonhill Claypits Local Nature Reserve (Further details to be announced – check back soon!)
• Pop-up opera performances by Scottish Opera. 11am – A Little Bit of Bubble McBea. 1pm and 3pm – A Little Bit of the Pirates of Penzance.
• Arts Yard open day including building tours (1pm and 2pm) and creative craft workshops (12noon and 2pm)
• Skateboarding lessons at The Loading Bay Skatepark at 12noon, 1pm and 2pm (60 mins)
• Tours and talks at Civic House led by Agile City
Saturday 25th September – 11am – 3.30pm
Celebrating Scotland’s Year of Coasts and Waters, this fun-filled event will focus around an impressive flotilla of boats adorned with large-scale carnivalesque artworks as they travel along the Forth and Clyde Canal in north Glasgow between Firhill and Applecross Basins. The flotilla will set off from Firhill Basin at 2pm accompanied by live music and celebration.
Throughout the day enjoy artistic performances, walking tours, guided decorative bike rides, cultural food workshops, taster watersports sessions and our community market.
The programme of events on offer will include:
• Live music from a brass band and steel drummers
• Cycle Rides with Free Wheel North and Carnival Arts at 11am, 12noon and 1pm (45 mins), plus more tours from Sustrans
• Guided walking tours of the new Hamiltonhill Claypits Local Nature Reserve (Further details to be announced – check back soon!)
• Middle Eastern flatbread making workshops with Gathering Ground at 11.30am and 2pm
• Outdoor Market at Rockvilla Car Park
Come along for a great day out by the canal and explore the fun activities this area has to offer.
We will be monitoring government guidelines around COVID in the lead up to the event. On the day we will have extra staffing in place to manage social distancing and hand sanitisation stations dotted around the canal space.
GOT AN EVENT TO SHARE? It's free to post your events on What's On Glasgow, click here to find out more!Want to be the first to hear about what's happening in Glasgow? Just hit 'Like' on our Facebook page, join the What's On Scotland Facebook Group and 'Follow' on our Twitter account and you're all set!
Where possible we will update our listings to notify of cancelled, postponed and rescheduled events, however we STRONGLY ADVISE that you check with the venue/organiser in the first instance for updates.All information (whether in text or photographs) is supplied in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact.
Whether it's an invention, design, brand name, literary work or a song, this session will give you the knowledge to identify the Intellectual Property assets contained within your business!