About Move More
At Move More, we know that when you’re living with and beyond cancer even a small amount of gentle exercise can help reduce your fatigue and leave you feeling better. That’s why Macmillan Cancer Support has developed a range of classes in your area.
We understand you may be a little nervous about building up your activity levels, so we have people on hand to show you the ropes and help you relax. Our motivators have all benefited from our programme and know exactly what you are going through. Together, they work alongside our instructors making sure you get the most out of your class.
With Move More walking groups, Gentle Movement, gardening and circuit classes, our Good Move team will help you choose an activity that’s right for you.
Cost: FREE! For more information about Move More, call the Good Move team today on 0141 287 0241.
Move More Circuits
An hour long physical activity session with 10 circuit stations led by qualified instructors. The classes have a half hour workshop at the end to promote services available for those needing extra support.
• A programme designed to help adopt and maintain a healthier more active lifestyle after a cancer diagnosis.
• Delivered in 8 community/leisure venues citywide by highly qualified fitness professionals with a Level 4 Cancer and Exercise Specialist Qualification.
• Each participant is offered 12 free classes, a Macmillan ‘Get Active and Feel Good’ booklet, one free fitness class at 6 weeks, and 4 weeks free unlimited fitness pass at 12 weeks.
• The class consists of a 60 minute physical activity session, including warm up, 10 circuit stations and a cool-down including relaxation period.
Move More Gentle Movement
Gentle movements, relaxation and meditation led by our trained volunteers.
• Gentle movements, relaxation and meditation that is suitable for all and led by trained volunteers.
• The programme operates in two Glasgow libraries and in the Calman Cancer Support Centre.
Gentle Movement has been found to:
• Increase focus and more peaceful mind.
• Improve breathing.
• Improve muscular tone.
• Improve balance and coordination.
Move More Walking
Short, friendly walks led by our trained volunteers. Walking groups meet in the local library at the Macmillan @ Glasgow Libraries Information & Support Service.
• Local, short walks led by trained volunteers.
• The walks leave from 4 libraries city wide.
• Suitable for those of any walking ability.
• Welcome to anyone affected by cancer (including friends and family).
• A great way to get active, feel good and meet new people.
Move More Gardening
One and half hour long sessions at our community garden projects led by trained volunteers.
• A community garden project open to anyone living with and beyond cancer (including friends and family).
• Designed to help people remain active during and after treatment.
• Suitable for all fitness levels.
• No specialist experience or equipment required only comfortable clothing and shoes.
If you would like to attend any of the above activities please let the Move More team know before you go along by calling 0141 287 0241 or emailing email@example.com
All information (whether in text or photographs) is supplied in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact. We take every opportunity to ensure the details for Move More are accurate, please contact us at hello[@]whatsonnetwork.co.uk if any of the above information is incorrect.
Upcoming Events at Move More
Sorry, but we have no upcoming events for Move More. If you know of an event taking place at Move More or anywhere else in Glasgow tell us about it
and we'll list it on the website, for free!
More Health and Fitness in Glasgow
1069 Argyle Street,
Glasgow City Centre G1
Fitness Therapy Glasgow offers Personal Training, Group Fitness Training, Pilates Classes, 1-1 Pilates, Swedish Massage, Sport & Remedial Massage, Hypnotherapy...
2/4 Victoria Chambers, 142 West Nile Street,
Glasgow City Centre G1 2RQ
We are based in Glasgow City Centre providing Pole Fitness classes as a new, fun and enjoyable way of exercise for both ladies and gentlemen!Pole Fitness...
Dance Glasgow Jamaica Street,
Glasgow City Centre G1 4QD
If you are looking for an inexpensive and EFFECTIVE way of getting in shape then try the new block of Rock Solid Fitness classes staring Monday 17th November...
42 Main Street,
Milngavie G62 6BU
Fitness on Main is a fitness studio in the heart of Milngavie town centre offering fitness classes, pilates and yoga, personal training and massage.
Glasgow West End G11 5DX
Do-nothing pit stop is a social space for us in the community to catch up and discover our inner selves through meditation sessions!
Vivace Theatre School Sauchiehall Street,
Glasgow City Centre G2 3EZ
Zumba Fitness classes with licenced instructor and experienced dancer Agne in Glasgow city centre, currently in Vivace Theatre School, 243 Sauchiehall...
Penilee Community Centre Gleddoch Road,
Glasgow South Side G52 4BD
(FBX) Fatburn Extreme is the most seriously challenging workout tomhit the fitness industry. Simple, effective short sharp bursts designed to burn body...
127 Fergus Drive,
Glasgow West End G20 6BY
Curves West End is fitness centre designed specifically for women. It features our Curves Complete program. Now you can get the complete solution to weight...
Cathcart Congregational Church Garry Street,
Glasgow South Side G44 4AZ
Divine Yoga's philosophy is that yoga is for everyone! You are never too young, old and you certainly don't need to be able to reach your toes...I am...
Marie B Fitness Classes Destiny Church Shawlands,
Glasgow South Side G41 3QP
Marie B is a fully qualified fitness instructor with over 12 years experience, teaching a variety classes in the Southside of Glasgow including Clubbercise, Metafit and Zumba!