About Move More
At Move More, we know that when you’re living with and beyond cancer even a small amount of gentle exercise can help reduce your fatigue and leave you feeling better. That’s why Macmillan Cancer Support has developed a range of classes in your area.
We understand you may be a little nervous about building up your activity levels, so we have people on hand to show you the ropes and help you relax. Our motivators have all benefited from our programme and know exactly what you are going through. Together, they work alongside our instructors making sure you get the most out of your class.
With Move More walking groups, Gentle Movement, gardening and circuit classes, our Good Move team will help you choose an activity that’s right for you.
Cost: FREE! For more information about Move More, call the Good Move team today on 0141 287 0241.
Move More Circuits
An hour long physical activity session with 10 circuit stations led by qualified instructors. The classes have a half hour workshop at the end to promote services available for those needing extra support.
• A programme designed to help adopt and maintain a healthier more active lifestyle after a cancer diagnosis.
• Delivered in 8 community/leisure venues citywide by highly qualified fitness professionals with a Level 4 Cancer and Exercise Specialist Qualification.
• Each participant is offered 12 free classes, a Macmillan ‘Get Active and Feel Good’ booklet, one free fitness class at 6 weeks, and 4 weeks free unlimited fitness pass at 12 weeks.
• The class consists of a 60 minute physical activity session, including warm up, 10 circuit stations and a cool-down including relaxation period.
Move More Gentle Movement
Gentle movements, relaxation and meditation led by our trained volunteers.
• Gentle movements, relaxation and meditation that is suitable for all and led by trained volunteers.
• The programme operates in two Glasgow libraries and in the Calman Cancer Support Centre.
Gentle Movement has been found to:
• Increase focus and more peaceful mind.
• Improve breathing.
• Improve muscular tone.
• Improve balance and coordination.
Move More Walking
Short, friendly walks led by our trained volunteers. Walking groups meet in the local library at the Macmillan @ Glasgow Libraries Information & Support Service.
• Local, short walks led by trained volunteers.
• The walks leave from 4 libraries city wide.
• Suitable for those of any walking ability.
• Welcome to anyone affected by cancer (including friends and family).
• A great way to get active, feel good and meet new people.
Move More Gardening
One and half hour long sessions at our community garden projects led by trained volunteers.
• A community garden project open to anyone living with and beyond cancer (including friends and family).
• Designed to help people remain active during and after treatment.
• Suitable for all fitness levels.
• No specialist experience or equipment required only comfortable clothing and shoes.
If you would like to attend any of the above activities please let the Move More team know before you go along by calling 0141 287 0241 or emailing email@example.com
All information (whether in text or photographs) is supplied in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact. We take every opportunity to ensure the details for Move More are accurate, please contact us at hello[@]whatsonnetwork.co.uk if any of the above information is incorrect.
Upcoming Events at Move More
Sorry, but we have no upcoming events for Move More. If you know of an event taking place at Move More or anywhere else in Glasgow tell us about it
and we'll list it on the website, for free!
More Health and Fitness in Glasgow
6-7, Baird Court Clydebank Business Park,
Clydebank G81 2QP
Origym offers internationally acclaimed personal training courses, gym instructor qualifications and CPD fitness courses for those looking to complete...
Croftfoot United Old Parish Church and Cathcart United Old Parish Church ,
Glasgow South Side
FBX is a new concept in fitness training. FBX is a 20 minute body weight training system that incorporates functional compound exercises, activating all...
The Western Baths Cranworth Street,
Glasgow West End G12 8BZ
Get fit Networking is a networking evening for anyone who is looking for some great free information on the best and most effective ways to get fit, eat...
10 Thomson Drive,
Bearsden G61 3NU
S C D Fitness - Personal training and fitness classes across Glasgow. Get into the best shape of your life!Fitness ClassesI run weekly fitness classes...
Hillington Park Parish Church Berryknowes Road,
Glasgow South Side G52 2UD
LATIN AND WORLD MUSIC. EASY-TO-FOLLOW DANCE-FITNESS MOVES. DITCH THE WORKOUT AND JOIN THE PARTY.MONDAY NIGHT1900-2000 (ZUMBA)HILLINGTON PARK PARISH CHURCHBERRYKNOWES...
42 Main Street,
Milngavie G62 6BU
Fitness on Main is a fitness studio in the heart of Milngavie town centre offering fitness classes, pilates and yoga, personal training and massage.
Various Locations Glasgow
Commit2BFit with Tess hold Fatburn Extreme and Metafit classes for ladies in the Southside and West End of Glasgow! Workout in a comfortable ladies only...
22 Montrose Street,
Glasgow City Centre G1 1RE
City Fusion Yoga Hot Yoga Studios.CFY is the first contemporary hot yoga Pilates studios in glasgow, with a juice & coffee bar and seminar teacher training...
Tai Chi Glasgow South ,
Glasgow South Side
Tai Chi is an exercise to unify body, mind and spirit and can be practised for its health benefits; as a meditation and a highly regarded Chinese martial art.
Dance Glasgow Jamaica Street,
Glasgow City Centre G1 4QD
If you are looking for an inexpensive and EFFECTIVE way of getting in shape then try the new block of Rock Solid Fitness classes staring Monday 17th November...