|416 Great Western Road, Glasgow West End G4 9HZ|
|Websters Theatre Website|
|Follow WebstersTheatre on Twitter|
|Facebook information can be found here|
Websters has reopened as the city’s newest theatre, formerly the Lansdowne Parish Church, an A-listed Gothic Revival church built by John Honeyman in 1863. The bar and bistro is projected to open in April 2015.
This is an exceptional building which is in need of a new life and restoration, It is now taking on a new role in the West End offering a theatre space seating almost 190 people,a community event space and a bar and bistro.
Websters is being developed thanks to a small loan from the Architectural Heritage Fund. Work started early in 2014 and continues creating its own momentum as other sources of funding support are found. This has included a grant offer from Glasgow City Heritage Trust to repair some of the external features. The building is a very prominent and beautiful Glasgow landmark.
The project is being promoted by FACT THREE a registered charity set up by the trustees responsible for Cottiers Theatre, previously Dowanhill Church, also in the West End, a project that has been hugely successful. Websters will be similar to Cottiers and the retention of the original church hall space will give it a very strong community focus.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!