Listed in: Attractions - Gardens and Parks
We have no opening hours information for Alexandra Park
About Alexandra Park
This 42 hectare (102 acres) East End public park is extremely popular with local residents and the wider community. Park users have always found Alexandra Park pleasant and well laid out and the highest point of the park gives views North to Ben Lomond and South to the Tinto Hills.
The main pedestrian entrance into the park is through the main ornamental gates leading from Alexandra Parade into an impressive formal seasonal and carpet bedding display area leading round to the small formal rose garden.
The park has a wide variety of facilities to suit all age groups including:
• Bowling Greens - There are four bowling greens in the park.
• Golf Course - within the park there is a popular nine-hole 2800-yard par 31 golf course.
• Children's Playgrounds - There are two play areas and a multi-purpose games court also an outdoor fitness gym.
• Mountain Bike Course.
• A small picnic area.
• Orienteering Course - Contact Maps-STAG for maps and events.
• Public toilets at the former depot at Sannox Gardens and Community Hub at Bowling Green (subject to opening times)
• Cafe and Office at Community Hub at the Bowling Green (subject to opening times)
The park is open at all times however specific facilities within the park are subject to opening times.
Sorry, but we have no upcoming events for Alexandra Park. If you know of an event taking place at Alexandra Park or anywhere else in Glasgow tell us about it
and we'll list it on the website, for free!