|17 Queens Crescent, Glasgow West End G4 9BL
|Glasgow Theosophical Society Website
The Theosophical Society was founded by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, Henry Steel Olcott, William Quan Judge, and others in New York City on November 17, 1875. In 1882 the international headquarters of the Society was established at Adyar, near Madras. This remains the headquarters for the Society, which is now established in fifty countries of the world.
The word Theosophy has been used for many centuries, it is of Greek origin meaning Wisdom of the Gods (theo - of Gods, sophia – wisdom). Wisdom cannot be enclosed within words, it is a Truth which must be discovered and experienced by each one for themselves. Theosophy, sometimes known as the Ageless Wisdom, is the Light which shines through the many coloured lamps of religion. It is the thread of truth in scriptures, creeds, symbols, myths and rituals. Divine Wisdom is One, the paths towards it are many.
Go Radio | Number 1 for Glasgow & The West - Listen on DAB, Online or on your Smart Speaker, just say "Launch Go Radio"