|141 Bridgegate, Glasgow City Centre G1 5HZ
|Wasps Artists Studios: The Briggait Website
|Follow waspsstudios on Twitter
|Facebook information can be found here
|Follow waspsstudios on Instagram
The Briggait is a magnificent building which had, except for temporary use, lain empty for the best part of 20 years. Wasps set out to redevelop the building back in 2001 and finally completed the project in late 2009. The Briggait now houses over 5,500m2 of public and private space including:
• 45 studios for visual artists
• 24 offices for cultural organisations
• 4 shop-front units for creative industry companies
• A beautiful public courtyard that dates back to 1873
• 2 street-front exhibition spaces, 2 meeting room spaces, and a heritage interpretation room
• An unit on the Clyde facing side of the building which has been used for several purpose, most notably as a public cafe
• The Briggait is fully accessible with designated entrance, lift, and bathroom facilities, except for first floor studios on the Bridgegate elevation of the building
A great deal of work went into repairing the Briggait’s historic fabric to make the building habitable again.
The stunning 1873 Courtyard, perhaps the most impressive space architecturally, is open to the public on a daily basis between 9:30am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Go Radio | Number 1 for Glasgow & The West - Listen on DAB, Online or on your Smart Speaker, just say "Launch Go Radio"