|10th April 2021|
The SSE Hydro
Scottish Event Campus Exhibition Way, Glasgow City Centre G3 8YW
£56.75 - £82.30
|Event organiser/part of Scottish Event Campus|
|Visit the event website here|
Based on HG Wells’ dark Victorian tale, it remains a firm favourite to millions around the world, exciting audiences of all ages.
In 2006 TWOTW was already considered a cutting edge production with six trucks filled to the brim. But in 2021, which marks a momentous 15 years of live touring, the production be up to 12 trucks, and with it, a host of ingredients and special effects that will challenge and excite the senses. A stellar cast will also be announced in the next few weeks.
• Liam Neeson in 3D holography as George Herbert, The Journalist
• The iconic 3-tonne, 35-foot tall Martian Fighting Machine firing real flame Heat Rays at the audience.
• The 9-piece Black Smoke Band and ULLAdubULLA symphonic string orchestra.
• Leaf drops over the audience.
• Mixed live in Surround Sound
UPDATED FOR 2021:
• The giant arched bridge now running from the lip of the stage out over the audience to the front of house desk.
• Three panoramic screens with 2 hours of cutting edge CGI and other content
• The incineration of a cast member in full view of the audience.
NEW FOR 2021:
• Lighting, pyrotechnics... and other-worldly special effects.
• Ground-breaking levitation effect.
• The release of deadly Black Smoke from the Martian Fighting Machine
plus ‘The War of The Worlds’ author, HG Wells - appearing in sight and sound.
...and much, much more!
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Jeff Wayne’s The War of the Worlds are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment. All information (whether in text or photographs) is given in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!