25th January 2022
1st February 2022
8th February 2022
plus 2 more date(s), see below for more info
|7.30pm - 9.30pm|
St Johns Renfield Church
22 Beaconsfield Road, Glasgow West End G12 0NY
|It's free to try singing with us. If you decide you want to join us, we charge an annual subscription.|
|Visit the event website here|
|Follow CityGlasgowChor on Twitter|
|Facebook information can be found here|
The Choir is one of Glasgow's leading choirs. We're looking for new members and would love to hear from you! We are currently rehearsing in-person on Tuesdays in the West End, under the baton of our newly appointed Music Director, Paul Keohone.
About City of Glasgow Chorus
Have you always wanted to sing in a choir? Or have you missed singing during lockdown? Maybe you’re new to Glasgow and want to meet a friendly bunch of singers? We’re the City of Glasgow Chorus and we’d would love to hear from you!
We rehearse in St John’s Renfield Church in the West End of Glasgow on Tuesday’s between 1930 - 2100.
What are the benefits of singing with us?
• We have lots of fun singing and it’s a way of making new friends! We all experience lots of positivity from being part of a group of talented singers.
• We produce high quality musical events and perform with professional orchestras.
• We sing a huge variety of music. Come and perform the classics and we’ll also surprise you with music that you won’t get the chance to sing elsewhere.
• We sing in Glasgow’s main concert halls: the City Halls and the Royal Concert Hall. We also sing in the beautiful acoustics of Paisley Abbey and Hyndland Parish Church (now renamed Kingsborough Gardens Sanctuary). We do get out and about into local communities – spreading the choral music experience to a wide range of audiences from Troon to Comrie, Dunoon, Dunblane, Helensburgh and beyond.
• Many of our concerts help to raise funds for charities.
• We get opportunities to go on foreign concert tours.
Find out more on our website!
Additional Dates: 01 February 2022, 08 February 2022, 15 February 2022, 22 February 2022
GOT AN EVENT TO SHARE? It's free to post your events on What's On Glasgow, click here to find out more!Want to be the first to hear about what's happening in Glasgow? Just hit 'Like' on our Facebook page, join the What's On Scotland Facebook Group and 'Follow' on our Twitter account and you're all set!
Where possible we will update our listings to notify of cancelled, postponed and rescheduled events, however we STRONGLY ADVISE that you check with the venue/organiser in the first instance for updates.All information (whether in text or photographs) is supplied in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact.
'Glasgow Orchestral Society: Celebrating 150 Years' will take you on a new musical journey through the history of the society and Glasgow in the late 19th century!
The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland's 'Fridays at One' series features performances from International guest artists, chamber ensembles, soloists and orchestras!
Watch the outstanding Duo Jatekok, Naïri Badal and Adélaïde Panaget, tackle Poulenc's sensational concerto for two pianos at Glasgow's City Halls!
An array of young home-grown talent will perform at Glasgow Royal Concert Hall for Celtic Connections Opening Night concert - Neath the Gloamin' Star!
Dublin-based quartet The Jeremiahs have been hailed as 'one of the most exciting bands to come out of Ireland', don't miss them live in Glasgow on 2st January as part of Celtic Connections 2022!