|Take Me Somewhere , Various Locations Glasgow|
|Take Me Somewhere Website|
|Follow TMSomewhere on Twitter|
|Facebook information can be found here|
|Follow tmsomewhere on Instagram|
As the world begins to open some of its doors, theatres remain closed… and so Take Me Somewhere has crafted an online festival programme for 2021 that will take audiences beyond the computer screen. True to the festival’s name and spirit, artists in the programme will invite remote audiences to immerse themselves completely in the work, whilst holding their (virtual) hand and taking them on a journey... somewhere.
Take Me Somewhere 2021 features over 40 works, shows and events, including:
• An intimate, meditative performance featuring a dancer and her dog;
• An unexpected encounter with a stranger on the phone;
• An exercise class that doubles up as a critical whiteness lecture;
• A cable-access style show featuring three world-famous drag queens;
• A late night, candlelit pirate radio station on Zoom;
• A digital festival foyer, with art pop happenings and DJ sets;
• A Québec Focus featuring film & performance works from Québecois makers
• The return of sister festival, the beloved BUZZCUT, which takes over the final weekend.
• And much, much more.
This year the festival takes place at the Take Me Somewhere website, in the fab new Festival Hub members’ area, which also features a digital Festival Foyer for hanging out and chatting in between shows. Audiences can access the Festival Hub by purchasing a festival pass for £30/£20/£10 (price at the buyer’s discretion).
All information (whether in text or photographs) is supplied in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact. We take every opportunity to ensure the details for Take Me Somewhere are accurate, please contact us at hello[@]whatsonnetwork.co.uk if any of the above information is incorrect.